Indulge in the irresistible combination of light, fluffy biscuits and rich, comforting bread with this delightful biscuit bread recipe. Perfect as a side dish or enjoyed on its own, this savory treat is sure to satisfy your cravings.
With its golden-brown crust and soft interior, biscuit bread is a delightful addition to any meal. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make! So, let’s dive into this recipe and discover the joy of homemade biscuit bread.
Biscuit Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture. Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to cut the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the milk, stirring gently, until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Transfer the dough to the greased loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuit bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
On average, you can expect to get around 10 to 12 slices from a standard-sized loaf of biscuit bread.
There you have it – a simple yet delicious biscuit bread recipe that is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. With its fluffy texture, buttery flavor, and beautiful golden crust, this biscuit bread is a versatile addition to any meal.
Whether enjoyed alongside a bowl of soup, used for sandwiches, or savored on its own, it’s a delightful treat for your taste buds. So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to experience the joy of homemade biscuit bread.