If you’re a fan of soft, fluffy, and slightly sweet bread, then you’re in for a treat with this homemade Canes Bread recipe. This delightful bread is reminiscent of the famous breadsticks served at a popular restaurant chain.
With its golden crust and irresistible taste, it’s the perfect addition to your breakfast spread or an afternoon snack. And the best part? You can now enjoy this scrumptious bread right from the comfort of your own kitchen. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and get ready to bake a batch of homemade Canes Bread that will leave you craving for more.
Canes Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- Sesame seeds (optional, for topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the warm milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a long rope shape, about 10 inches in length.
- Place the dough ropes onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space between them to allow for rising.
- Cover the dough ropes with a kitchen towel and let them rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Brush the risen dough ropes with the beaten egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on top, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the Canes Bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before serving.
There’s nothing quite like the aroma and taste of freshly baked Canes Bread. With its soft texture and subtle sweetness, this homemade version will surely become a favorite in your household.
Whether you enjoy it plain, with a pat of butter, or as a side to your favorite soups and stews, this Canes Bread recipe is a true delight. So, grab your apron and get ready to create a batch of homemade bread that will have everyone asking for seconds. Happy baking!