Step into the realm of cherished family traditions with Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie Recipe. This delightful dessert is a testament to the love and care that goes into every bite. As the aroma of sweet potatoes and spices fills your kitchen, you’ll be transported back to simpler times. Get ready to embark on a journey of flavors and create a dessert that will be treasured for generations to come.
Grandma's Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed sweet potatoes, granulated sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into the unbaked pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and carefully transfer it to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the pie is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours to allow it to firm up.
- Slice and serve chilled. Optionally, garnish with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
With its velvety texture, fragrant spices, and the love of generations, Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie is a dessert that embodies cherished memories and heartwarming moments. As you take that first bite, allow the flavors to transport you back to the kitchen of your childhood, where the simple pleasures of homemade goodness reigned supreme.
Share this recipe with loved ones and create new memories that will be treasured for years to come. Indulge in the deliciousness and embrace the legacy of Grandma’s time-honored sweet potato pie.