Get ready to embark on a culinary journey that combines the rich traditions of Indian desserts with the comforting delight of a cake. Our Gulab Jamun Cake recipe is a perfect fusion of two beloved treats, offering a unique and irresistible dessert experience.
Imagine sinking your teeth into a moist and fragrant cardamom-infused cake soaked in a delicate rose syrup, topped with saffron strands. This delectable creation will take your taste buds on a delightful adventure. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a sweet indulgence, this Gulab Jamun Cake is sure to impress.
Gulab Jamun Cake Recipe
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
For the Gulab Jamun:
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 tbsp milk
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Oil for frying
For the rose syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp rose water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamom powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the Gulab Jamun. In a mixing bowl, combine the milk powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder, ghee, milk, and cardamom powder. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll them into smooth balls.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the Gulab Jamun balls until golden brown. Remove them from the oil and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar for the rose syrup. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the rose water.
- Once the cake is baked and cooled, poke several holes in the surface with a skewer or fork. Pour the rose syrup over the cake, allowing it to soak in.
- Arrange the fried Gulab Jamun balls on top of the cake.
- Garnish with saffron strands for an extra touch of elegance.
- Let the cake rest for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
Indulge in the delightful fusion of flavors with our Gulab Jamun Cake recipe. This unique dessert combines the sweetness of traditional Gulab Jamun with the moistness of a classic cake. With its aromatic cardamom, fragrant rose syrup, and golden-fried Gulab Jamun balls, this cake is a true celebration of indulgence.
Whether you’re hosting a special gathering or simply treating yourself, this Gulab Jamun Cake is sure to impress with its rich flavors and irresistible charm. So, gather your ingredients and embark on a culinary adventure that will delight your taste buds and leave a lasting impression on your guests.