Welcome to our horse cookie recipe blog post! If you’re a horse lover looking to spoil your equine companion with a special homemade treat, you’ve come to the right place. These wholesome horse cookies are made with love and packed with nutritious ingredients that will have your horse eagerly waiting for their next bite.
Whether it’s a reward for a job well done or just a simple expression of love, these homemade treats are sure to bring joy to your horse’s day. So let’s saddle up and get baking!
Horse Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cup water (as needed)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, grated carrots, applesauce, molasses, flaxseed meal, and chopped fresh mint leaves (if using). Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add the whole wheat flour to the mixture, stirring until the dough starts to come together. If the dough is too dry, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until it reaches a pliable consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/4 inch.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice to cut out shapes from the dough. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a small space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Serving Size: This recipe makes approximately 24 horse cookies, depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
There you have it, a delightful recipe for homemade horse cookies that will bring a smile to your horse’s face. With their wholesome ingredients and delicious flavors, these treats are perfect for bonding moments, training rewards, or just a special surprise for your equine friend.
Remember to store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh and ready for your next riding adventure. Treat your horse to something extra special and show them how much you care with these homemade horse cookies. Happy baking and happy trails!