Welcome to our kitchen, where we’ll be sharing a delightful recipe for Mary Berry’s soda bread. With its rustic charm and mouthwatering flavors, this soda bread is a true crowd-pleaser.
The best part? It requires no yeast, making it quick and easy to whip up. Get ready to impress your loved ones with the irresistible aroma and taste of freshly baked bread. Let’s dive into this classic recipe and create a homemade masterpiece!
Mary Berry Soda Bread Recipe
- 500 g plain flour
- 400 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan/ gas mark 6) and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and bicarbonate of soda. Give it a good stir to ensure the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour in the buttermilk.
- Using a wooden spoon or your hands, gently mix until the ingredients come together to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it lightly for about a minute, just until it becomes smooth.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to make a cross-shaped cut about 2cm deep on the top of the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Once baked, transfer the soda bread to a wire rack and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
With Mary Berry’s soda bread recipe in your culinary arsenal, you can easily create a rustic, flavorful loaf of bread in no time. This simple yet satisfying recipe requires minimal ingredients and effort, making it perfect for both seasoned bakers and beginners.
So, roll up your sleeves, preheat that oven, and prepare to enjoy the warm, homemade goodness of Mary Berry’s irresistible soda bread. It’s time to impress your loved ones with this classic recipe that never fails to deliver pure baking bliss!