Today, we’re sharing our beloved recipe for Rafferty’s Potato Soup. This comforting and creamy soup is a true crowd-pleaser, perfect for chilly evenings or whenever you need a bowl of pure comfort. Made with simple ingredients and packed with flavor, this homemade potato soup will become a family favorite in no time. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
Rafferty'S Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 lg russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 6 slices turkey bacon chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 med onion diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives (for garnish)
- In a large pot, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes and dried thyme to the pot. Stir well to coat the potatoes with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Return the soup to the pot
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer the soup for an additional 5 minutes to heat through.
- Ladle the potato soup into bowls and garnish with the crispy bacon and chopped fresh chives.
With its velvety texture and comforting flavors, Rafferty’s Potato Soup is the epitome of comfort food. This homemade recipe is easy to follow and will fill your kitchen with enticing aromas that will have everyone eagerly waiting for their bowl of deliciousness. So, grab a ladle, serve yourself a generous portion, and let this creamy potato soup warm your soul with each spoonful. Enjoy!